Friday, July 04, 2014

Married!

My last post was Sep 2009, just after I got back from Burning Man. Wow, I haven't written in FIVE years.

I totally forgot that I liked to write. It's pretty cool writing cos it makes you think about STUFF as you write, and then you start reliving the moments, and sometimes you learn something new from that introspection.

Who am I kidding? I learn A LOT thru introspection.

Anyways, Alwyn reminded me that this blog existed. He was looking for something he wrote way back when. Apparently Angelfire.com is dead (who woulda guessed) and Blogger.com is still alive. Yay google?!

OK the BIG news. I'm getting married in less than 2 days. It's Friday 2am-ish and the thing is going down on Sat around 3pm. So that's... 36 hours or something. It's pretty damn big deal.

I identify with Coulton's Code Monkey song. Especially the parts where he sings about one day he'll have a pretty girl. And that last bit as they are sitting by the cliff overlooking the bay and that goblin cupid shoots an arrow in her butt. Well, I've found my pretty girl. :)

Love her love her.

What else... Oh Alex. He's so damn cute. I love being with him and watching him grow and change and learn and become ... MORE. He's always doing cute funny crazy stupid 7 year old stuff. He's so uninhibited. Feels like I could learn a lot from him on ways of being. Truly, when you're young, you just ARE. So much fewer internal filters created by decades of living up to societal expectations.

Also, there's that whole Malaysia + Bali trip. Looking forward to it.

Uh... a little bored writing. I'm starting to ramble. Or maybe I'm just done repeating all the stuff that I've been talking about in my real life.

BUT here's the thing. Now that I've been reminded that this lil thing exists, it's gonna be so much easier for me to actually WRITE. Wouldn't that be a change.

No comments: